December is my favorite month of the year. Baking for the holidays, making specials memories with family and watching our favorite movies.
One of our favorite movies is Elf. It’s one of those movies that helps you get in the holiday spirit and you can watch it over and over again. This past weekend we watched Elf for our family movie night and made some yummy Buddy The Elf Chex Mix and it was oh so good.
It’s the perfect movie night snack that everyone can enjoy, it’s easy to make and is ready in no time. We devoured the whole batch and my daughter asked for more on our next family movie night.
Elf Chex Mix
- 8 Cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 Cups mini vanilla wafers
- 2 1/2 Cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1 Cup holiday shaped pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- 1 Cup holiday M&Ms
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and add Chex to a large bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave 2 cups of the vanilla baking chips on high for 60 seconds until baking chips start to melt. Keep heating in 20 second increments until the chips are smooth. Pour over Chex and mix to coat. Spread mixture onto one of the lined pans, top with sprinkles and let mixture cool and set for 30 minutes.
- Spread pretzels and cookies on 2nd baking sheet. Microwave the remaining baking chips until they are melted and transfer to a small ziploc bag. Cut a corner off one end of the bag, drizzle melted chocolate onto pretzels and cookies and top with holiday sprinkles. Let mixture cool and set for 20 minutes.
- Break Chex mixture into small pieces and put into a large serving bowl. Break apart cookies and pretzels, add to bowl and stir in candies. ENJOY!
Cristina Petrini says
I fell madly in love with this bowl that is worthy of Santa’s elves, I must try it too. I love it!
Matt Taylor says
hahaha this is awesome! A perfect accompaniment to a plate of cookies, muddy buddies, or other treats. So easy to make too!
This looks AMAZING! This is the first time I’ve ever seen Nilla wafers used in Chex mix before. Om nom nom.
I love how festive this mix is, and it sounds delicious. It doesn’t get much better than that. I’m thinking this is the perfect snack for picking at all day on Christmas. Love it.
Halimeh Salem says
That looks delicious. A very good option for the holidays and toddlers.
That looks like a yummy treat. My son’s already claiming that it’s his!
Yum! I love all the vanilla in this recipe! My fav flavor!
Wow this looks so yummy! I need to try this recipe out. This looks like the perfect treat to have right now.
We love Chex Mix! I definitely have to try this version. I’m sure my kids will love it.
Pati Robins says
aww i love it ! it looks so colorful and mega fun to make with kids , not to mention – your photography is outstanding
Baking is not really my thing, but you always make it seem so much fun and so easy 🙂
Wow this looks so yummy. Colours of bowl ! Elf Chex Mix I gonna try this tomorrow.
Gervin Khan says
Wow! This recipe is 10/10, I love it and it looks reallyyyyy good!
This looks so delicious and easy to make. Definitely making some for the family!
Gervin Khan says
Such a pretty and colorful bowl, love it! The perfect treat to make for my kids, yum!
Erik the Hungry Traveller says
When I saw the photo I got very intimidated and I though I could never make this dessert. Good thing I went on and read your blog as this is an easy yet satisfying dessert to make for this season. Plus it helps that you provided clear and specific procedures in making these goodies. Lastly, I love pretzels so anything that has pretzels I am eating / making.
Emily Fata says
This recipe looks like the perfect one to make over the holidays! I’d love to try making it myself, too.
Wow! This looks good and really festive. I am pretty sure my kids would enjoy this chex-mix. Thank you for the brilliant idea and recipe. Can’t wait to make one too.
Hehe this is just the cutest bowlful! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Kuntala Bhattacharya says
Aww this is so cute and innovative idea. I am in love with the bowl, feel like grabbing it right now.
katrina m kroeplin says
omg this is so cute. my kids would love making this with me
Wah i have never made this but now that i have oven I may start baking. thanks for the recipe:)
Ntensibe Edgar says
Hihi….you did something great and creative with this recipe, Ashley. I love it. So timely.
That is a fun mix to make. I might throw one together too for the gift wrapping extravaganza we are about to embark on, lol
What a cute idea! We have never made our own Chex mix, and this would be so much fun to make around the holidays.