When my husband and I did Whole30 2 years ago this was one of our favorite breakfast recipes.
He is a big breakfast person and I wanted to find something I could make ahead of time in bulk that would lasts us throughout the week.
My husband loves it because its full of meat, he’s a meat man, and its so hearty that it can be eaten at any time of the day and not just for breakfast.
This dish is so filling, delicious and effortless to make.
2 years later this this dish is still a favorite of ours and we make this at least once a month.
Whether you are doing Whole30, Paleo or just looking for a delicious breakfast recipe this dish is something that everyone in your home can enjoy.
Add avocado oil to a large skillet over medium heat and fry the sausage. After 5 minutes add the onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft.
Add the diced sweet potatoes and peppers to the mixture, turn the heat to low and cover skillet. Cook until sweet potatoes are soft.
Mix in the frozen spinach and cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Large sweet potatoes diced
- 1 Each orange, yellow, and green pepper, diced
- 1 Large onion diced
- 2 Bags frozen spinach
- 2 Pints of mushrooms
- 2 Pounds Italian sausage*
- 1 Pound chorizo*
- 1 Pound spicy breakfast sausage*
*We use Pederson’s Farms Sugar Free sausage.
- Preheat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and and saute’ for 5 minutes. Add in diced onions and mushrooms cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add in diced peppers and sweet potatoes and cook down until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Once sweet potatoes are soft stir in the bags of frozen spinach and cover and cook for another 5 minutes and Enjoy.
Do you have any delicious & effortless breakfast recipes that you would like to share?