Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and now that my daughter is old enough, we’ll be baking all of the yummy Valentine’s goodies. We made these yummy Strawberry hand pies and had so much fun putting them together.
With only 5 ingredients these easy to make and are the perfect treat to make with your little one.
Roll pie crust out onto a floured surface, thin out with and rolling pin and cut out hearts using a heart shaped cookie cutter.
Add a teaspoon of jam to the center of the heart, roll out 2nd pie crust onto a floured surface, cut out hearts with cookie cutter and place on top of jam filled hearts.
Press around the edges to seal and using a wooden dowel make dots around the edges of the pies. Mix the egg and milk together and brush mixture on top of each pie. Add sparkling sugar and bake for 10 minutes.
Valentine’s Strawberry Heart Pies
- 2 Refrigerated pie crusts
- Strawberry Jam
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Sparkling sugar
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust one at a time onto a floured surface and using a rolling pin, roll the pie crust to a thinner consistency.
- Cut out 11 hearts, using a heart shaped cookie cutter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add a teaspoon of jelly in the center of each heart.
- Roll out the 2nd pie crust, cut out hearts with cookie cutter and place on top of hearts on the baking sheet.
- Press around the edges to seal and using the end of a wooden dowel make dots all around the edges of the pies.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk and brush on top of the unbaked hearts.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar and baked for 10 minutes.