I’m always looking for different desserts to try out on my family, especially during the holidays. I came across this easy recipe for Red, White & Blue Strawberries and had to try it. This is the perfect dessert for 4th of the July or any holiday.
It’s so easy to make, has only 3 ingredients and only takes 15 minutes.
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients
2. Wash the strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are all completely dry.
3. Place the blue sprinkles in a small bowl.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a small microwavable bowl. Make sure to stir it after every 30 seconds to keep it from overheating and burning. Stir until smooth and melted.
5. I use a toothpick and insert it at the very top of the strawberry and dip 2/3 of it into the white chocolate. Make sure to leave a visible red portion at the top since these are red, white & blue strawberries.
6. Place the strawberry on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and repeat until all of the berries are dipped.
7. Refrigerate the tray for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
8. Once the chocolate has set, remove the tray from the refrigerator and dip 1/3 of a each berry in the white chocolate, then immediately roll it into the blue sprinkles until the bottom third is covered in blue.
9. Repeat until all of the strawberries have a bottom layer of blue sprinkles.
10. Refrigerate until the white chocolate has completely set. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
What I love about these coated strawberries is that you can change the colors of the coating and the sprinkles to make them berries for other holidays, birthday parties, showers and any other celebration.
These Strawberries are best on the day they are made.