I’m always looking for different desserts to try out on my family, especially during the holidays. I came across this easy recipe for Red, White & Blue Strawberries and had to try it. This is the perfect dessert for 4th of the July or any holiday.
It’s so easy to make, has only 3 ingredients and only takes 15 minutes.
- 9 – 10 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup blue sprinkles
- 4 ounces white chocolate
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients
2. Wash the strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are all completely dry.
3. Place the blue sprinkles in a small bowl.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a small microwavable bowl. Make sure to stir it after every 30 seconds to keep it from overheating and burning. Stir until smooth and melted.
5. I use a toothpick and insert it at the very top of the strawberry and dip 2/3 of it into the white chocolate. Make sure to leave a visible red portion at the top since these are red, white & blue strawberries.
6. Place the strawberry on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and repeat until all of the berries are dipped.
7. Refrigerate the tray for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
8. Once the chocolate has set, remove the tray from the refrigerator and dip 1/3 of a each berry in the white chocolate, then immediately roll it into the blue sprinkles until the bottom third is covered in blue.
9. Repeat until all of the strawberries have a bottom layer of blue sprinkles.
10. Refrigerate until the white chocolate has completely set. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
What I love about these coated strawberries is that you can change the colors of the coating and the sprinkles to make them berries for other holidays, birthday parties, showers and any other celebration.
These Strawberries are best on the day they are made.
Cristina Petrini says
The idea to copy for July 4th is getting closer! How beautiful!
Krysten Quiles says
These are SO CUTE. I am totally going to try these out for the 4th of July, thanks!
Those strawberries look awesome! I love chocolate on strawberries, and the patriotic colors are perfect for the upcoming holiday.
My family is doing a celebration this sunday and I cant wait to wow them with these.
These look so funky and delicious!! I can’t wait to make these strawberries, yum….
These strawberries are awesome and perfect for the 4th. I’m going to make some with my kids!
Gervin Khan says
Definitely delicious and cute, aside from that it is so easy and so fun to make. I will try this!
Maartje van Sandwijk says
This is so cute! And a healthier snack than just candy 🙂
Nice idea and fun to make with the whole family, too!
What a cool idea. My little boy loves eating strawberries. This visually nice coating will make things more interesting.
brandy toenges says
I have a ton of strawberries so I will be doing this with the kids!
Marie Phillips says
These are perfect! And so quick to make. I’m definitely adding them for our weekend family party.
So fun, festive and yummy looking! I think I have an idea for the upcoming weekend!
Melanie williams says
You are so right this does look like fun and this is such a fab idea for strawberries too x
We dont celebrate 4th here but they r good.
We dont celebrate 4th here but they r good to eat anytime.
Cyndi Buchanan says
These look so yummy and festive! I’ll have to give this a try.
Kathy Kenny Ngo says
Happy 4th of July. I hope that it will be a time of healing, celebration, and love.
Ivana Mearns says
So simple and yet so pretty! It must taste really delicious. I tried strawberries dipped in plain chocolate before but I love the crystal sugar probably more, it looks so pretty.
What a cute idea! My kids would love this. It is the perfect time of year for strawberry picking and this would be a fun thing to do with all those strawberries.
Those are perfect for the holiday. I think we’re staying in so these would be fun to add to our at-home festivities.
Emman Damian says
Kids can do it and it’s also in time for 4th of July! Nice dessert concept!
Wow these strawberries look so cute! Glad you shared this with us, thank you!
Olufunke Kolapo says
This is so beautiful and looks delicious.
Happy 4th of July. Time for some love. These are perfect for holiday season. Will definitely going to make this
Looks so yummy, will sure try
World in Eyes says
oh wow this idea is really very incredible and much unique one..Thanks for sharing indeed..will love to check this out…
these look so fun to make; and i think we have everything at home right now so before those strawberries disappear:)
katrina Kroeplin says
this is such a great idea! i will have to make this. i have all the ingredients too
This is so cool! I am going to copy this tomorrow! 😀
My Kitchen says
My son would love this.Kids love everything spiced up.
These look amazing and well-done! Great job!
i am so loving what i see over the internet! so much innovation especially with foods. so sad, i dont have strawberries at reach. i really love to try this out. so unique and beautifully made.
These look awesome. So festive and cute. So fun to make too. Thanks for sharing this!
Wow this is very patriotic. I love how this is so creative.
Elizabeth O says
That is too cute and yummy! Perfect dessert this July 4th. Will have to try this for my niece.