When we were expecting and went to the baby store for the first time it was overwhelming. There were so many things to choose from that came in different colors, styles and brands. Just browsing the store and guessing at what we might or might not need was mind-boggling.
Now nine months later I can attest to the must-have items you should defiantly have on your registry. Everything in the following list we own, use and love for our little one.
- Crib – There are so many different crib options available. The crib we chose works perfectly for our daughters nursery.
- Crib Mattress – We made sure that the mattress that we chose was a good quality mattress that was not only soft but also firm. I love that this mattress is breathable, waterproof and has a wipe-clean surface.
- Bassinet – I love having our daughter right next to our bed. This bassinet grows with your baby and can be used up to 1 year. You have the option of using bassinet sheets with this.
- Dock-A-Tot – This is one of my favorite baby products that we have used. We co-sleep sometimes and the Dock-A-Tot is the only thing that has worked for us when co-sleeping. Our daughter sleeps so well in this that for us the price for the this was well worth it.
- Cradle N’ Swing – This thing is Heaven Sent!! I love that it is soft, snugly, has a moving mobile, it plays soothing music and it rocks our daughter to sleep. Perfect for nap time.
- Newborn Lounger – We used this lounger so much the first few months after my daughter was born. She loved lounging in this. The only negative I have about this lounger is that the cover is not removable.
- Swaddle – The only swaddle that ever worked for us was the Ollie Swaddle. Our daughter always managed to get her arms out of regular swaddles and it would interrupt her sleep. This swaddle in my opinion is the best one. It’s a velcro swaddle that can be adjusted based on the size of your baby and there’s an opening at bottom for easy diaper changes. We tried the Aden and Anais muslin blankets and they just didn’t work for swaddling, but because they are multipurpose we were able to use them for other things.
- Baby Monitor – The picture and audio of this monitor are top quality and it can be viewed from anywhere in the house. It’s so easy to use and I love the zoom and custom angle viewing features.
- Bottles – We went through 4 different kinds of bottles before we found the Comotomo bottles. These bottles are a must have if you are breastfeeding your baby. They are the only ones that we have found are similar to my breasts.
- Boppy – The boppy nursing pillow helped me so much and it even worked for tummy time for daughter. This is also one of my favorite breastfeeding essentials.
- Breast Pump – I have the Spectra S2 & Spectra 9 pump and they both are amazing. One is stationary and the other is small enough that I can take it anywhere with me and pump.
- Bibs – Babies are going to get messy when eating. I love these bibs for our little one.
- High Chair – We have the Graco Blossom 6-in-1 convertible high chair and I LOVE it. It’s so easy to clean, has tons of features and its sturdy.
- Bottle Brush – The Oxo Tot Bottle Brush does a great job at cleaning bottles and breast pump parts. The base that comes with it is sturdy and I love that you can replace the brush head when necessary.
- Sterilizer – The Baby Brezza Baby Bottle Sterilizer is great. I use it to sanitize various baby items and it dries them also which is a plus.
- Bottle Rack – This Boon Sprig Countertop Drying Rack is a space saver and holds all of the bottles we use and my breast pump parts easily.
- Infant Car Seat & Stroller – We decided on the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System after doing lots of research. It’s extremely durable, easy to use and perfect for our needs.
- Car Seat Caddy – The Chicco Keyfit Caddy Lightweight Aluminum Infant Car Seat Carrier Stroller is hands-down amazing. It’s extremely lightweight and easy to use and it’s compatible with any Chicco Key Fit Car Seat.
- Playard – The Chicco Lullaby Orion Playard is great for nap time, The mattress is comfortable for our daughter and she sleeps just fine it it.
- Rock n’ Play – We used the Fisher Price Auto Rock n’ Play Sleeper for only a few months with our daughter. It is great for napping and lounging. I love that it is easily portable.
DIAPERING & BATH
- Diapers & Wipes – Of course you will need diapers. I love Pampers Pure Diapers & Wipes because they have been the most gentle diaper we have used for our daughter and she has not had any irritation or rashes from the diapers or wipes. I love the indicator strip that changes color when it’s wet.
- Diaper Rash Cream – The best diaper rash cream we have used is Aquaphor Healing Ointment. This stuff is magic in a jar. Honestly we have used it for so much more than diaper rash, it really is amazing.
- Diaper Pail – The Munchkin Step Diaper Pail by Arm & Hammer is awesome. The foot pedal makes it easy to open, the storage capacity is great and we have never had any issue with odor.
- Infant Tub – We have the Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Tub and we love it. It’s a 3 stage tub that can be used up to 25 pounds. The infant insert is great and the entire tub fits perfectly in our bath tub.
- Bathtime Essentials Kit – One of my favorite bath time essentials is the Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Set. The spout cover, bath kneeler, elbow pad and bath mat are all great.
- Wash Cloths & Hooded Towels – We love the Burts Bees Baby Wash Cloths and Hooded Towels. They are soft, functional and hold up really well after being washed.
- Baby Wash/ Shampoo/ Lotion – I love the Mustela products for our daughter. I love how they have a variety of products based on my babies skin needs and they all smell amazing and leave her skin feeling so soft and looking healthy.
NECESSITIES & CLOTHES
- Pacifiers – Our daughter never really took pacifiers until she started teething. I found the Ryan & Rose Cutie Pat Pacifiers on Instagram and they have been a lifesaver for our teething babygirl.
- Burp Cloths – You definitely need these. I love the Aden & Anais Burp Cloths because they also can be used as a bib.
- Sophie the Giraffe Teether – I was skeptical of this teether until I saw how much my daughter really loved it. It is priced high but I promise you your child will love this.
- Diaper Bag – We have the Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack. I love that it is functional, has room for lots of storage, it doesn’t look like a traditional diaper bag and its a neutral color. It also has stroller straps that definitely come in handy.
- Nosefrida – All I can say is you need this. Although kind of gross it really is amazing and comes in handy when baby has a stuffy nose or is dealing with congestion.
- Onesies – You can never have too many onesies.
- Socks – We always have baby socks on hand to keep our daughters feet warm.
- Footed Pajamas – We loved the zipper style footed pajamas. They were easy to put on and use during diaper changes in the middle of the night.
What are your thoughts on the baby registry must haves list?