Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie?!? These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a favorite of my hubby and daughter. Between the brown butter and all of the chocolate chips these cookies are SO GOOD and so easy to make.
You start by browning your butter and letting it cool for 20 minutes.
Making Brown Butter:
- Place your pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula continuously stir the butter.
- Keep stirring the butter until it foams and turns a dark brown color. It’s easy to burn the butter( I burned the butter twice before finally getting it right) so stay close.
In a mixing bowl add brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Once brown butter is cool add to the mixing bowl and combine well with a rubber spatula.
Fold in the flour and mix in the chocolate chips. Scoop out the cookie dough and place at least 2-inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 350.
I love that this recipe is so simple and you can change it up by adding in some of your favorites. You can add nuts like pecans or walnuts and even sea salt on the top as soon as they come out of the oven.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days and frozen for up to 30 days.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt both sticks of butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil. When it starts to boil stir the butter until the foamy phase passes and it becomes a dark color.
- Remove the butter from heat and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Once the butter is cooled pour it over these ingredients and combine well using a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the flour until the dough forms and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet with a cookie scoop, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookie to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of flaked sea salt on top of the cookies as they are cooling.
I love brown butter but never thought to put it in cookies, this sounds so delicious!
Forever My Little Moon says
Omg these cookies look so good! I’ll have to try there brown butter!
My mouth is already watering… so yummy 😋
looks sooooo tempting and mouth watering, thank you for sharing the recipe
Ramil Hinolan says
I’ve read so many recipes of chocolate chip cookies. But this one is excellent. That little round brown chocolate on top of the cookies are delicious.
Gervin Khan says
These cookies are making my heart happy. I love it and will def making this today!
K Young says
I think I found my weekend activity. Looks like we’ll be making cookies. These look so yummy.
Gervin Khan says
This is the cookies I’ve been looking for! I really love this type of cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Amy Liu Dong says
We love cookies in our family, and this one looks so easy and delicious.
I’ll be making this for my nieces.
Monica Simpson says
I have been craving home made chocolate chip cookies. These look heavenly. I love how the brown butter gets that perfect caramel color.
Alita Pacio says
I’d love a good chocolate chip cookie. I can have these everyday!!
This is such a good recipe 🙂 I’d love to make some chocolate chip cookies this weekend
Elizabeth O says
I love that this recipe is so simple and eaasy to follow. Thanks for sharing!
Ivan M. Jose says
I love brown butter! I actually made ice cream out of it. I bet brown butter also tastes good in cookies so I’m trying out your recipe.
Anosa Malanga says
I am thinking of what to bake this weekend and I guess I will try your recipe out. Glad I came over this post. Looking at the photos makes me drool!
These look so good! I’ll have to try this recipe since I’m trying to bake more!
Elise Ho says
Brown butter seems to be very popular. I suppose that it adds depth of flavor.
Those looks so good right now! I might need to order some chocolate chips.
emman damian says
I’ll say YES to Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! It looks so yum! I can’t wait to taste them soon.
These are absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe
Wow I think I need one NOW! Thanks for sharing the recipe too!
I do like a nice chocolate chip cookie. I haven’t had one in way too long.
Shilpa bindlish says
Choco chip cookies are my all time favorite. The recipe is really easy. I wouldn’t miss trying this one for sure.
These sound so rich and tasty. I love chocolate chip cookies and would enjoy trying this twist.
These look amazing. Trying this recipe next time I make chocolate chip cookies.
Christiana Acha says
I love the looks of these chocolate chips; so yummy and inviting. I would love to have a bite 😋