This Coconut Pound Cake Recipe has everything you want in a Coconut Cake. It’s moist, fluffy, sweet but not too sweet and has the right amount of coconut flavor in every bite. From the dense cake to the sweet coconut icing to the extra shredded coconut on top, there is nothing you won’t love about this cake.
What I love about this coconutty cake is that it’s easy to make, it tastes amazing, it stores well and it can be enjoyed for dessert, an afternoon snack and even breakfast.
Coconut Pound Cake
- POUND CAKE
- 1 1/2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups POWDERED sugar
- 5 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- shredded sweetened coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray your loaf pan with and line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix in the coconut milk and both extracts.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut and pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Smooth out the top and bake for about 65 minutes until risen and golden ( You can test it by inserting a toothpick in the center and if it comes our without wet better on it, it’s done)
- Let your cake cool completely before glazing.
- While cake is cooling make your glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar,vanilla extract and coconut milk to make a thick glaze. Stir in a pinch of salt and spread the glaze over the cooled cake and top with shredded coconut.
- Enjoy! ( Can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature)
If you love pound cake check out my Pumpkin Bread, Carrot Cake Bread, Nutty Banana Bread and Lemon Loaf.
Anasha Khan says
As someone who loves all things coconut, I bet this is going to be something worth trying. It’s looks absolutely delicious!
Well, that looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to make this for my family. WE all love coconut.
Booyah! I would eat that entire thing myself. Nothing is better than coconut. I’ll have to make this one.
Naomi Summerville says
My fiancé loves pound cake and his birthday is coming up real soon. I am going to have to try this recipe.
Melissa Dixon says
This looks really good. I bet my family would devour this if I made it soon.
This looks delicious. I’ll save this recipe. We’re a fan of pound cakes, and lately, our favorite has been orange pound cake. Coconut sounds amazing!
This sounds like a delicious cake. I love coconut, and your recipe looks amazing.
OMG this looks so good. I love coconut so much. I could eat it daily!
YUM. This looks so good. My sister-in-law would love it.
Ivan M. Jose says
I love the flavor of coconut. This coconut pound cake is definitely something that we would try at home.
Marie San Luis says
I super love desserts with coconut! I will try this recipe 🙂
Ramil Hinolan says
Coconut is a versatile plant. When I was a kid, I used to get its young fruits, I climb the tree up and manually twisted the fruits from its main stem. Then we just broke it in half, get the water and eat the young meat. Its refreshing to drink the juice with ice and I love the taste of the meat.
Deb B says
I was JUST telling my hubs that I didn’t know what to do with all our shredded coconut – this would be PERFECT! My family would eat this right up. Gonna try this out this weekend!
I’m not a fan of coconut, but this looks good enough for me to make and enjoy. I’ll bet it’s great with hot chocolate.
Ntensibe Edgar says
I think I just might love this cake after all! I can’t say I am very comfortable with anything coconut but I can give it a go!
Ooh, this pound cake looks so yummy! Definitely going to make this over the weekend. I’m glad I’m the only one in my family that likes coconut – more for me!
Gervin Khan says
This looks really great! I haven’t seen a cake like this but I love the colors of this cake and I want to try it.
This is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I am salivating already.
Um yes! This cake is absolutely delicious.
Emman Damian says
I love a good coconut pound cake. I know some people hate coconut but I absolutely adore it. Love the texture!
Emman Damian says
I love a good coconut pound cake. I know some people hate coconut but I absolutely adore it. Love the texture! 🙂
Grasyah [Of Coffee and Crackers] says
looks so yummy!! i just wish i have enough time to do some baking..
This looks gorgeous! I love coconut flavours. This would be great to have on a sunny afternoon with a glass of wine.