One of my favorite things to order when I visit Starbucks is their Lemon Loaf. It’s so moist and full of lemon flavor. Since we had been quarantined for about 2 months I hadn’t been able to get my weekly slice, so I decided to try and make it myself. I found the recipe here and honestly it tastes just as good as Starbucks & it really is The Best Lemon Loaf.
For The Loaf
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. sour cream or greek yogurt ( I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream)
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 – 2 tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour ( we use gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/ tsp. of salt or to taste
- 1 c. confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle in the oil while whisking to combine.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn the batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 50 to 52 minutes, or until top is domed, set, and toothpick inserted in the center crack comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
- Allow loaf to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, add the confectioner’s sugar and slowly drizzle in the lemon juice while whisking until smooth and combined.
- Evenly drizzle glaze over bread before slicing and serving.
This bread is so delicious and simple to make. The sour cream or yogurt makes it so moist and the lemon flavor throughout the loaf and icing isn’t overwhelming. I can’t wait to make this again.