This post is sponsored by Barilla but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
As a mom of 2, I’m always looking for different ways for my family to enjoy some of our favorite meals. Our household loves anything with pasta and veggies so I took one of our favorite pasta salads and instead of serving it with traditional pasta, I used the Barilla® Chickpea Rotini and everyone loved it!
I love that the Barilla Chickpea Pasta:
- Is made with one simple ingredient (chickpeas)
- Is a good source of plant-based protein and fiber
- Is certified gluten free, non-GMO project verified
- Is very versatile and can be used in many different recipes and dishes including pastas, salads & soups
This vegetarian pasta salad is so good. From the oven-roasted veggies, feta cheese, the yummy homemade marinade/dressing and the delicious taste of the Chickpea Rotini pasta, this dish is so full of flavor and nourishing. It’s so simple to make and is the perfect quick, easy and wholesome meal that’s guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
You can find Barilla® Legume Pasta products at your local Albertsons.
Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- 1 Box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 8 Oz Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 4 Oz Feta Cheese
- 8 Oz Jar of marinated Artichokes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt, pepper, Basil, thyme, oregano, parsley & red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Make your marinade: Add lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, sugar, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley and red chili flakes to a mason jar. Place lid on top shake well and refrigerate.
- Dice all vegetables other than the Artichokes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add 1 Tbsp minced garlic, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables on nonstick tray and and roast in oven for 25 minutes. Once done transfer vegetables to a large bowl and pour 1/2 of the marinade and toss to coat.
- Cook Barilla® Chickpea Rotini according to package and add to the marinated vegetables, add the remaining marinade and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add Artichokes, toss with feta and enjoy!
Looks so delicious! Xx
Fransic verso says
This looks so good. Even I’m not vegan, I would eat this haha. I love how colorful it is.
Beth Pierce says
It’s gonna be a feast at home. I can’t wait to make this vegetarian pasta 🍝
Nicz Escat says
If the taste is good as it looks, I’m in 😉
I will definitely try this recipe. Yummy
This is a pasta dish that looks and sounds good to me. I always try to find Barilla, it’s the best!
This looks so good! My teen is wanting to cut down on meats and go vegetarian and this looks like a perfect recipe to try!
Ho Elise says
This looks really interesting. It’s actually similar to some thing that my husband makes. Therefore I found it extra interesting to see if there’s any new ideas.
Yum! The feta and artichokes in this sounds like an amazing combination. We are a vegetarian family and I would love to try your recipe.
This looks really delicious and of course, healthy. Would love to try this next weekend. Very timely since we have my parents visiting and they’re vegetarian. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Love the flavors in this pasta recipe. So delicious. Thanks for sharing
Rose Ann Sales says
This looks amazing, I love trying out different pasta dishes, veggies or not. Yum, yum, yum!
Milton Coyne says
wow that looks really good and appetizing and undeniably healthy too.. this is something i can eat without getting guilty at all..
thank you for sharing this delightful recipe
So delicious! love this chickpea pasta and the toppings were amazing.
Marjie Mare says
That looks so good and it will be my lunch tomorrow.
Monica Simpson says
I like the chickpea pasta. The flavor and texture are nice for being a pasta alternative.
Charina Rasing says
Sounds a good recipe for dinner. Will try it out soon!
Grasyah [Of Coffee and Crackers] says
hmmmm.. i might try your recipe by the weekend! it’s just that my pasta is a regular one.. thank you for the recipe! looks yummy!
Sonia Seivwright says
I love cooking pasta. They are so easy to make. This dish looks amazing.
Oh yum. This sounds so good and easy to put together.
i love making pasta salads like this one!! so very colorful and tasty
NICOLE HOOD says
Yum! What delicious ingredients! I espeically love the feta and artichokes.