I RECEIVED THIS PRODUCT FOR REVIEW, BUT ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
When my daughter was around 4 months I discovered baby wearing and immediately fell in love with it. Baby wearing is carrying your baby in a device or wrap that leaves your hands & arms free and the bond is like no other. Now that I’m pregnant again I plan on baby wearing with little DJ as soon as possible after he is born.
Benefits Of Baby Wearing
When it comes to baby wearing there is nothing better than snuggling up to your little one. There are so many benefits to baby wearing, some of which include:
- Convenient for breastfeeding moms
- Hands and arms are free to get things done
- Babies are often more content when in a carrier or wrap
- Creates a close bond & relationship between parent and baby
- Great for keeping babies upright that are suffering from colic or reflux
- When baby knows that you are close to tend to their needs they will cry less
There are some amazing baby carriers on the market but my favorite is the BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Mini. BABYBJÖRN is a Swedish company that specializes in producers designed to support children as they develop. The companies mission is to develop good, functional and safe products for young children. Their products have an amazing reputation for being of great quality and long lasting.
The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Mini is a small, simple and super-soft baby carrier that is perfect for newborns (& up to 12 months), who crave closeness. It’s lightweight and comes in a variety of colors & fabrics. I really love that It’s designed to provide your baby with the proper support & it’s made from soft material that feels comfortables on your little one’s skin.
Favorite Features Of BABYBJÖRN
- Machine washable.
- Small and easy to use.
- Very easy to use, with adjustable buckles.
- Recommended for 0-1 years or up to 25 pounds.
- Great for short babywearing sessions and bonding.
- Carry facing in or facing out on your front after 5 months.
- Easily unfasten the entire front section of the baby carrier to lift out your sleeping baby.
- Hands-free for easy multi-tasking – much easier to do day-to-day tasks while bonding with my baby in BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Mini.
- Soft and flexible fabric that gently hugs your baby’s back, legs and hips, and provides good support. You can check your newborn’s position and the natural C-curve of their back with your hands through the fabric.
Here is a helpful video that shows you how to use BABYBJÖRN:
I’m looking forward to using this with our son when he is born. Newborns love being as close as possible to their parents and I know that I’m not going to want to put him down. The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Mini is going to help create a cozy place for him to nestle and also for us to create a close bond.
You can find the Baby Carrier Mini from BABYBJÖRN at Pottery Barn Kids.
For other baby must haves be sure to check out my post on baby registry must haves.