December is my favorite month of the year. Baking for the holidays, making specials memories with family and watching our favorite movies.
One of our favorite movies is Elf. It’s one of those movies that helps you get in the holiday spirit and you can watch it over and over again. This past weekend we watched Elf for our family movie night and made some yummy Buddy The Elf Chex Mix and it was oh so good.
It’s the perfect movie night snack that everyone can enjoy, it’s easy to make and is ready in no time. We devoured the whole batch and my daughter asked for more on our next family movie night.
Elf Chex Mix
- 8 Cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 Cups mini vanilla wafers
- 2 1/2 Cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1 Cup holiday shaped pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- 1 Cup holiday M&Ms
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and add Chex to a large bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave 2 cups of the vanilla baking chips on high for 60 seconds until baking chips start to melt. Keep heating in 20 second increments until the chips are smooth. Pour over Chex and mix to coat. Spread mixture onto one of the lined pans, top with sprinkles and let mixture cool and set for 30 minutes.
- Spread pretzels and cookies on 2nd baking sheet. Microwave the remaining baking chips until they are melted and transfer to a small ziploc bag. Cut a corner off one end of the bag, drizzle melted chocolate onto pretzels and cookies and top with holiday sprinkles. Let mixture cool and set for 20 minutes.
- Break Chex mixture into small pieces and put into a large serving bowl. Break apart cookies and pretzels, add to bowl and stir in candies. ENJOY!