I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
Lately I’ve been cooking and baking lots of comfort foods for my family and they have been enjoying everything. For my husband and I comfort food means digestive issues, but thanks to Boiron Acidil Meltaway Tablets and the alternative ingredients I used in our recipes, we can enjoy our favorite comfort foods.
Boiron Acidil is an alternative medicine for heartburn and acid indigestion that is made from plant-based ingredients.
Facts About Acidil
- The #1 best-selling heartburn homeopathic medicine in natural food stores.
- Acidil relieves occasional heartburn, acid indigestion, upset stomach, and bloating.*
- The unflavored tablets are convenient and easy to take: they dissolve in your mouth, without needing water or food.
- Acidil doesn’t contain any artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives.
- You can take Acidil before or after a meal, whenever symptoms strike.
- It’s appropriate for use by adults and children who are 12 & older and it has no known interactions with medications or supplements.
- Each box contains three sleeves of 20 tablets each for home, work, or on-the-go.
- Acidil Meltaway Tablets retail for $9.99 to $11.99 and are available to purchase at RiteAid, Walgreens, Sprouts Farmers Market, Whole Foods Market, Vitamin Shoppe, and online at amazon.com, iherb.com, and vitacost.com. Visit boironusa.com/store-locator for the full list of locations.
Most recently I made a change to our favorite Cinnamon Swirl Muffins and they were so enjoyable. Because sugar and dairy causes my husband and I to have digestive issues, I changed the recipe up by using a sugar replacement in place of the sugar and unsweetened almond milk in place of the milk. The muffins still tasted great and the substitutions weren’t noticeable. (Recipe Below)
Cinnamon Swirl Muffins
- 3/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, egg, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extra and mix until the batter is smooth and set aside.
- For the streusel, mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl then cut in the butter.
- Mix in half of the streusel mixture into the batter and fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle the rest of the streusel on top of the muffins and bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in baking pan.
- While muffins are cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk until smooth. Once muffins have cooled, drizzle on top of muffins.
*CLAIMS BASED ON TRADITIONAL HOMEOPATHIC PRACTICE, NOT ACCEPTED MEDICAL EVIDENCE. NOT FDA EVALUATED.