Banana Bread is a favorite in our household. Both my hubby and daughter love chocolate chips so I wanted to try something different and add a spin to our favorite bread. This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is so moist, flavorful and loaded with Chocolate Chips.
It’s the perfect breakfast bread and also a great dessert bread because of the chocolate. It’s very simple to make, the only hard part is waiting for it to cool off enough to enjoy it.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the bananas, butter, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips until combined and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread rest for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.